Wayne County Joint Economic & Community Development Board, (931) 722-3653
The Joint Economic & Community Development Board (JECDB) is a multi-agency cooperative effort to bring industry into Wayne County. The JECDB is sponsored and funded by the City of Clifton, City of Collinwood, City of Waynesboro, Bank of Waynesboro, People's Bank, Wayne County Bank, Columbia State Community College and Tennessee Valley Electric Cooperative.
- Chairman John Hickman - Waynesboro City Manager
- Doug Kibby - Clifton City Manager
- Autry Gobbell- President, Peoples Bank
- Eddie Berry- TVEC
- Martin Haggard Jr.- President, Wayne County Bank
- Rena' Purdy - Executive Director, Wayne County JECDB
- Gary Victory - Collinwood City Manager
- Jim Mangubat - Wayne County Mayor/Executive
- Bill Bryant - President, Capstar Bank
The Joint Economic and Community Development Board (JECDB) was established by an Interlocal Agreement** with participating governments consisting of:
- The County of Wayne, Tennessee
- The City of Clifton, Tennessee
- The City of Collinwood, Tennessee
- The City of Waynesboro, Tennessee
**This Interlocal Agreement is authorized by Tennessee Code Annotated, Section 5-1-113.
The purpose and mission of the JECDB shall be as follows:
- To develop, recommend, and direct a strategic plan of policies and action that improve the economic well-being of the community and those activities and services that support economic growth and improve the quality of life of the community's members.
- To encourage an entrepreneurial spirit among present businesses and citizens.
- To help spawn expansions of local industry and businesses.
- To seek out those enterprises that support the development of the future for the purpose of enticing them to locate in Wayne County.
- To foster and open communication among all group in the county concerned with economic development including, but not limited to, residents, present industry and businesses, governments, educators, public and private developers, and other public organizations.
Wayne County is a Tennessee Three Star Community. The program is administered by the Tennessee Department of Economic and Community Development to ensure communities meet growth criteria and achieve excellence in community and economic development.
Located within Southern Middle Tennessee, Waynesboro offers a beautiful bucollic setting, but within a radius of minutes and miles, there is a large ..........
CLICK ON MAPS BELOW TO VIEW LOCATION
ADDITIONAL OFFICES TO ASSIST BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT:
Small Business Advocate
The Office of Small Business Advocate (SBA) serves as a point of contact to state government for owners of businesses with fifty (50) or fewer employees. The Office provides information and answers questions for Tennesseans who are starting a small business or who already own a small business. The Office assists in the resolution of issues concerning small businesses and state departments and agencies.
Higher Education Resource Officer
The office of the Higher Education Resource Officer (HERO) helps resolve issues, answers questions and provides information to Tennesseans who are faculty, staff or employees of Tennessee’s higher education systems and institutions. The office also reviews and evaluates higher education policy.