The Joint Economic & Community Development Board (JECDB) is a multi-agency cooperative effort to bring industry into Wayne County. The JECDB is sponsored and funded by Wayne County, City of Clifton, City of Collinwood, City of Waynesboro, Bank of Waynesboro, People's Bank, Wayne County Bank, Columbia State Community College and Tennessee Valley Electric Cooperative.
**This Interlocal Agreement is authorized by Tennessee Code Annotated, Section 5-1-113.
To contact the JECDB call (931) 722- 3653.
- Chairman John Hickman - Waynesboro City Manager
- Doug Kibby - Clifton City Manager
- Autry Gobbell- President, Peoples Bank
- Eddie Berry- TVEC
- Martin Haggard Jr.- President, Wayne County Bank
- Rena' Purdy - Executive Director, Wayne County Chamber of Commerce
- Gary Vickery - President, Bank of Waynesboro
- Jim Mangubat
- Bill Bryant
- To develop, recommend, and direct a strategic plan of policies and action that improve the economic well-being of the community and those activities and services that support economic growth and improve the quality of life of the community's members.
- To encourage an entrepreneurial spirit among present businesses and citizens.
- To help spawn expansions of local industry and businesses.
- To seek out those enterprises that support the development of the future for the purpose of enticing them to locate in Wayne County.
- To foster and open communication among all group in the county concerned with economic development including, but not limited to, residents, present industry and businesses, governments, educators, public and private developers, and other public organizations.
- South Central Tennessee Development District (SCTDD) - http://www.sctdd.org
- Utility Company - http://www.tennesseevalleyec.com
- Regional Industrial Development Association (MTIDA) - http://www.mtida.org
- Tennessee Department of Economic & Community Development - www.tnecd.gov
- TVA - www.tvaed.gov
- Business and Tourism Information - http://www.waynecountychamber.org